Business Tax Law
MendenFreiman provides business tax counsel for sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies (LLCs). In addition to law degrees, most of our attorneys have earned advanced degrees in business, accounting or tax, and several are former certified public accountants. This diverse combination of experience ensures our business clients receive excellent guidance with respect to business tax planning. We make it a priority to stay up-to-date on current tax laws and always consider pending tax legislation and its effects when counseling our business law clients.
Federal and State Tax Planning
Our business tax lawyers can advise you on strategies to minimize your tax burden, including the most appropriate timing for incurring a business expense or selling an asset, such as a piece of real estate or a business.
Tax planning assistance frequently includes:
- Assessing tax advantages and disadvantages of business entities to determine which one provides for the most tax benefits: corporation, S corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, partnership or sole proprietorship
- Conducting tax-free exchanges and rollovers including the tax-free exchange of real estate and other investment properties
- Establishing and implementing non-qualified executive compensation plans
- Obtaining tax-exempt status for nonprofit organizations with the Internal Revenue Service
- Tax planning relating to the sale or purchase of a business or the transfer of family businesses or other assets
Before you make a business decision that could have negative tax consequences, talk to a skilled MendenFreiman taxation attorney.