Wills and Trusts
Having a properly drafted will is vitally important to you and your family. No matter how large, small, simple or complex your estate, it’s important to have a will prepared for your unique circumstances.
At MendenFreiman, we understand no two families are the same and thus no two estate plans are the same. Our estate planning attorneys get to know each client and will draft a will that meets your specific objectives. We will work with you to identify and avoid potential issues that can arise due to family conflicts and help you select executors who can competently fulfill their fiduciary duties.
For many individuals and families, a will alone may not be the best option for providing for your loved ones after you are gone. Depending upon your preferences and the needs of your dependents, a trust may be necessary to fully provide for them in the future. Trusts are especially necessary if you:
- Have beneficiaries who are minors
- Have children or other dependents with special needs
- Want enhanced privacy and flexibility in the estate administration process
- Own real property or other assets that are to be used for a specific purpose such as funding an education
MendenFreiman also has extensive experience with advanced estate planning services and can guide you in the creation of a family limited partnership (FLP) or any of a variety of other trust and transfer planning strategies including:
- Outright Gift
- Charitable Trust
- Dynasty Trust
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trust (GRAT)
- Qualified Personal Residence Trust (QPRT)
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust (IDGT)
Protect Your Lifetime of Achievements
Everyone should have an up-to-date estate plan. No matter your age, financial situation or marital status, seeking expert legal advice benefits you and those you love. Let us help you plan for the future. We will eliminate uncertainties about the management of your family’s assets and provide strategies for wealth preservation.