Atlanta Business & General Counsel Lawyer
Getting a new business off the ground, growing it or preparing it to pass on to others requires careful planning to ensure success. At MendenFreiman, our highly skilled business transaction attorneys guide clients in making decisions that affect your business today and down the road.
- Business Formation
- Business Representation
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Structuring & Risk Management
- Business Transactions
- Business Tax
- Commercial Lending
- Commercial Real Estate
- Family & Closely Owned Business
- Franchise Law
- General Counsel
Our business clients trust us to help them solve complicated business-planning and transactional matters, particularly where taxes are an important consideration. In addition to law degrees, most of our attorneys have earned advanced degrees in business, accounting or tax, and several are former certified public accountants. This diverse combination of legal, management, tax and financial expertise sets our firm apart.
The Atlanta business lawyers at MendenFreiman have a long history of helping family-owned businesses, closely held businesses and franchisees across an array of industry sectors, including automotive, manufacturing, distribution, service, technology, real estate, construction and McDonald’s franchises. More than just your representative in a business transaction, MendenFreiman is your outside general counsel, ready to guide and serve you whenever called upon, whatever the need.
Business Law Practice Sectors
The MendenFreiman business law and outside general counsel practice sectors cover the following:
- Business Law and Representation – Make important business decisions with confidence knowing you have sought and received advice and assistance from experienced business lawyers who provide sound counsel and expert representation in any type of commercial transaction.
- Business Transactions – Make sure your rights are protected and interests promoted in any significant business transaction. Our commercial lawyers negotiate, draft and review contracts and agreements with your best interests in mind, now and into the future.
- Business Entity Formation – The way you structure your business has implications regarding liability, taxation and a host of other vital business issues. Let us advise you on your options and conduct the necessary activities to form your business in a way that meets your goals.
- Business Tax Law – The attorneys at MendenFreiman have strong financial and taxation backgrounds, including advanced degrees in business, accounting and tax, and even practical experience in certified public accounting. Trust MendenFreiman to deliver the most current and critical tax law advice and help you plan any business decision with the most advantageous tax consequences in mind.
- Family Owned and Closely Held Businesses – Representing family businesses has been a staple of the business law practice at MendenFreiman, and one we hold especially dear. We value the long-term relationships we have developed with our clients across generations and are highly tuned to the unique issues that arise for family-owned and closely held businesses.
- Franchisees and Franchise Law – Operating a franchise is a great way to start a business, but choosing the right franchise and getting started on the right foot are critical to long-term success. We put years of experience helping franchisees to work in providing you with the advice and assistance you need to succeed.
- Business Succession Planning – With a combination of high-level expertise in business law, tax law, estate planning and asset protection, count on MendenFreiman to offer sound advice and expert assistance in formulating a business succession plan that addresses the issues most important to you, whether you are running a small family-owned or closely held business, franchise or much larger entity.
- Business Structuring and Risk Management – MendenFreiman is with you for the life of your business and is here for you in every major decision, from choosing the right corporate structure to form your business under to questions of business succession or dissolution, and everything in between. Having an experienced business law attorney to turn to means you will always have the ability to assess risk and formulate an appropriate strategy to meet your goals.
- Commercial Real Estate – Every piece of real estate is unique. Let us help make sure your transaction goes smoothly and concludes successfully so that your goals are achieved.
- Commercial Lending – The commercial loan process is complex and multi-faceted. Our business attorneys guide clients through every aspect of commercial lending across the spectrum of financial transactions.
Outside General Counsel
Most small businesses cannot afford to have their own in-house legal counsel, much less a dedicated legal department like larger corporations. Yet small and medium-sized businesses must nevertheless deal with many of the same legal issues as the large corporations. Businesses of any size must deal with employment, tax, real estate, legal compliance and a host of other legal issues. As outside general counsel, MendenFreiman provides a level of advice and assistance to keep companies in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations while guiding them through commercial transactions and seeing to their corporate governance needs.
Atlanta Business Lawyers Committed to the Success of Your Business
You commit everything you have to building a successful business. Our Atlanta business lawyers would like to be a part of that success by applying our experience and depth of understanding to your unique situation.