Atlanta Franchise Lawyer
MendenFreiman provides legal services to franchisees of all sizes, ranging from prospective new franchisees considering their first franchise agreements, to existing franchisees, multi-unit developers, area representatives and master franchisees. Our Atlanta franchise lawyers assist franchisees in all matters relating to:
- The sale of franchises to new and existing franchisees
- The purchase of the franchise from the franchisor (or an existing franchisee), including advice on proper due diligence
- Business formation including the creation and structuring of the franchisee entity, and the drafting of shareholder, partnership and LLC operating agreements as appropriate
- Review of disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Negotiations with franchisors including the negotiation of renewals of existing franchise agreements
- Real estate, including the review and negotiation of purchase agreements and leases, and resolution of environmental and building code issues
- Third-party agreements, including independent contractor, supplier, employment, confidentiality and non-compete agreements
- Integration of the franchisee businesses into the owner’s personal estate plan
Helping Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Establish or Expand Their Business Through Franchising
For many who dream of owning a business, purchasing a franchise can be a fast track toward realizing that dream. At their best, franchises offer a proven concept, an established name and the training and support a new business owner needs to start off on the right foot and quickly become a success. Yet owning a franchise requires both a significant investment of financial resources and a commitment to putting in the time and energy needed for success.
MendenFreiman provides agreement review and advice to help you understand which type of franchise may be best for you given your goals, risk tolerance, knowledge of the industry and business experience, local competition and other critical factors. Our comprehensive franchise law attorneys examine the Franchise Disclosure Document in detail to make sure it is full and complete, and in line with the Federal Franchise Rule and Georgia law. We review the franchise agreement from the franchisee’s perspective and provide advice regarding rights and obligations under the agreement, and which provisions should be negotiated differently. Furthermore, we assist in business entity formation, selecting the proper structure within which to operate one or more franchise outlets.
Get Your Franchise Off to the Right Start
As a full-service business law firm, MendenFreiman is here from the initial offering stage throughout the life of your franchise. You can rely on our Atlanta franchise lawyers to be the primary legal resource for your privately held business. We will handle your day-to-day legal needs and develop strategies to help your business succeed.