Brian M. Annino
Brian Annino is a senior attorney in MendenFreiman’s business law, estate planning and trust, and estate administration practice areas. He joined the firm in 2018 and represents businesses as outside general counsel, and assists such clients in corporate governance and compliance matters, negotiating and implementing commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic relocations, financing matters, investigations, compliance and regulatory matters, and other transactions necessary for the operation and growth of his clients. Brian has extensive experience in franchise law and has represented an international restaurant franchisor in litigation and transactions. He also represents franchisees and individuals seeking to acquire a franchise. Brian also has substantial experience in representing businesses subject of investigations by attorneys general and other governmental agencies.
Over the course of his career, Brian has represented many clients in litigated matters and government investigations, which he utilizes to help assist clients manage compliance measures and reduce risk.
Brian also represents individuals and families in estate planning and probate. In the course of such representation, he reviews each client’s circumstances and drafts wills, trusts, health care directives, and powers of attorney tailored to their needs. Additionally, Brian represents surviving family members in probate matters, including Petitions for Year’s Support and all aspects of the probate process. Brian also represents individuals and families in contested probate matters and claims arising out of trusts and estates.
Prior to joining MendenFreiman, he was Managing Member at Annino Law Firm, LLC; served as in-house counsel to a Georgia corporation; and practiced law as an associate at two well-respected firms in Atlanta and Charleston. Prior to practicing law, Brian served on the staff of United States Senator Joseph Lieberman; was a committee clerk with the Connecticut General Assembly; and interned with the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
“I am passionate about helping my clients live the American Dream by providing strategic advice and counsel to grow businesses and protect families.”
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of Connecticut, B.A., Political Science, 1999
- South Carolina
Federal Court Admissions
- United States District Court
- Northern District of Georgia
- District of South Carolina
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Represented subsidiary of a Chinese-owned manufacturer by devising and implementing a strategic merger and relocation of its headquarters to Georgia from another state, thereby resulting in substantial tax savings and better positioning the subsidiary for future growth and reducing regulatory constraints.
- Assisted multiple business clients obtain favorable resolutions by negotiating settlement agreements with state attorneys general resolving claims of alleged consumer protection violations alleged in civil investigative demands, complex litigation, and informal inquiries.
- Represented international franchisor in acquisition of franchises, due diligence matters related to mergers and acquisitions, and zealously representing it in courts and arbitration tribunals, including obtaining multiple monetary judgments totaling in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Represented multiple surviving spouses and minor children in Petitions for Years Support (including contested matters), and successfully obtained Orders granting same, thereby resulting in divestment of certain taxes and protection from certain claims by creditors of estates.
- Negotiated hundreds of commercial contracts, including but not limited to, franchise agreements, contractor agreements, employment agreements, financing agreements, purchase and sale agreements, partnership and membership interest agreements, vendor agreements, supplier agreements, non-disclosure agreements and various other contracts. Contracting parties include Fortune 500 businesses, international non-governmental organizations, and governmental entities.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- South Carolina State Bar, member
- State Bar of Massachusetts, member
- The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, member
- Cobb Bar Association, member (Former president of Solo and Small Practice Section)
- Atlanta Bar Association, member (Former board member of Corporate Counsel section)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, member
- Kennesaw State University Department of Political Science Advisory Board, member
- Strafford Publications Advisory Board for Estate Planning and CLE programs, member
Awards and Recognition:
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating – AV® Preeminent™ 4.9 out of 5
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2013-2015
- Fellow of American Bar Foundation (limited to 1% of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction)