Harrison (Harry) B. Alex
Harry Alex is an associate in MendenFreiman’s tax controversy practice area.
Prior to joining MendenFreiman, Harry was a tax associate at Grant Thornton’s Atlanta office. He regularly worked with clients in preparing tax filings, developing an understanding for explaining the intricacies of the forms, and identifying potential pitfalls in the filing process.
At Georgia State, Harry was heavily involved with the Phillip C. Cook Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic, helping clients deal with various IRS-related issues.
“My goal is to help clients navigate issues by applying the black and white rules to their gray situations.”
- University of Florida, LL.M. Taxation, 2020
- Georgia State University, J.D., 2019
- Wofford College, B.A. in Government, 2016
- Successfully represented an individual in IRS appeals conference resulting in significant tax savings.
- Negotiated with IRS counsel on behalf of individuals to find resolutions before issues went to United States Tax Court.
- Represented numerous clients in IRS collection alternatives such as installment agreements and offers in compromise.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member