L. Ashley Duel
Ashley Duel is an associate in MendenFreiman’s tax controversy and collection, tax planning, estate planning and trust, and business law practice areas. She joined the firm in 2019 and has experience which includes negotiating offers in compromise, filing requests for innocent spouse relief, establishing installment agreements, releasing federal and state tax liens, and representing individuals and businesses during administrative hearings and appeals conferences. She works directly with individuals and businesses to resolve their tax liabilities and devise strategies to reduce their tax costs, penalties, and interest.
Ashley also works closely with clients to develop estate and business plans that implement their long-term goals while minimizing tax and other costs. She has experience drafting wills, trust agreements, and powers of attorney as well as partnership and LLC operating agreements.
Prior to joining MendenFreiman, she was an associate at Gomel Davis & Watson, LLP.
“I enjoy getting to know my clients on a personal and professional level in order to effectively represent them in various legal matters and to be a trusted advisor to them.”
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- University of Georgia, A.B.J., Public Relations, 2009
Bar and State Court Admissions
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Successfully represented business owners in multiple IRS audits of their individ-ual and corporate flow-through tax returns, avoiding the imposition of additional amounts owed and reducing the amounts owed on the originally filed tax returns
- Represented numerous personal representatives and administrators of loved ones’ estates, from the initial probate process, to negotiations with creditors, to selling estate assets in order to maximize the amounts ultimately received by heirs and beneficiaries
- Represented clients in the creation of new business plans and entities, including those in the medical profession, real estate investment and retail business, to maximize liability protection and tax savings.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Atlanta Bar Association, member
- North Atlanta Tax Council, member