Lance G. Einstein
Lance Einstein is a partner in MendenFreiman’s tax controversy, tax planning and compliance, and estate planning practice areas. He joined the firm in 2019 and has extensive experience representing clients that have controversies and compliance issues with the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax agencies. His experience includes representing individuals and businesses during audits, collection issues (levies, liens, installment agreements, and offers in compromise), foreign asset reporting, penalty abatements, and appeals. He also works closely with clients and CPAs in devising strategies to minimize potential taxes, penalties, and interest.
Lance assists clients with devising and implementing estate plans that accomplish their goals with minimal disruption and tax costs. He has experience preparing wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, health care directives, and partnership agreements. Lance is licensed to practice in both Georgia and Florida, which allows him to deal with issues that arise for clients with business dealings in both states.
Lance has experience in trust and estate administration and business law, including choice-of-entity formation and organization.
Prior to joining MendenFreiman, he was a partner at Gomel Davis & Watson, LLP.
“Our business is establishing and maintaining trusted client relationships through excellent representation, professionalism, and uncompromised client service.”
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 2007
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., Accounting, 2002
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Florida Bar
- Georgia Supreme Court
Federal Court Admissions
- United States Tax Court
- Represented individuals and businesses in resolving their tax debts with the IRS, State of Georgia and various other states through offers in compromise, installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and penalty abatements with savings ranging in the thousands to millions of dollars.
- Negotiated settlements for businesses with the IRS and State of Georgia for the nonpayment of employment and sales taxes and associated trust fund taxes against individual related parties, with savings ranging from the thousands to millions of dollars.
- Represented businesses and individuals in audits before the IRS to minimize potential tax, penalties and interest — and in some cases obtaining losses and refunds.
- Represented individuals and businesses with foreign reporting and compliance issues, including filing voluntary and streamlined disclosures.
- Represented high-net-worth individuals in planning their estates while minimizing estate and trust taxes.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- The Florida Bar, member
- Atlanta Bar Association, member
- North Atlanta Tax Council, Board of Directors
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers – 2020-2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2011, 2013, 2015-2019
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2015-2016, 2018-2020