Laura B. Traylor
Laura B. Traylor is an of counsel attorney in MendenFreiman’s estate planning and trust and estate administration practice areas. She joined the firm in 2016 and focuses on the drafting of complex wills, many of which include specialized provisions for various trusts. Laura has significant experience advising and assisting with the administration of estates. In addition, she advises on succession planning for family-owned businesses and the formation and funding of limited partnerships, limited liability companies and nonprofit corporations. She previously practiced with Abrams, Davis, Mason & Long, LLC and Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP.
Laura truly enjoys helping clients through the typically difficult process of estate planning. She also finds her English degree particularly useful when drafting complicated provisions for wills and trusts.
“My goal with estate planning is to bring each client peace of mind and to effectuate a wealth-transfer plan that ensures assets pass to family, friends and charitable organizations in a way that satisfies the client’s personal goals and minimizes the impact of any taxes and expenses.”
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
- Emory University, B.A., English/Creative Writing, 1998
- State Bar of Georgia
- Drafted complex provisions for a will and trust to incentivize a client’s beneficiaries to have respect for hard work and to deter irresponsible behavior.
- Formed a limited liability company and implemented a property management agreement to facilitate the transfer, payment of expenses and ongoing use of a client’s vacation property for the benefit of multiple, successive generations.
- Drafted a complex pet bequest and pet trust for the continued management, showing, identification and care of a client’s horses.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, member
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society
Awards and Recognition
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2013-2014