Max R. Lafer
Max joined MendenFreiman in 2016 and is an associate in the firm’s business law and outside general counsel practice area. He provides legal counsel to small and medium-sized businesses on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including business and corporate representation, entity structuring, incentive plans, licensing agreements, employment law and related agreements, trademark and copyright clearance and related registration.
What Max enjoys best about practicing law is establishing meaningful relationships with clients to help serve not only as legal counsel, but as a strategic advisor. Prior to joining MendenFreiman, he was with Trusted Counsel LLC and Norris Legal, LLC.
“Serving as an effective advocate is about more than just providing legal counsel. It requires an intimate understanding of our clients and their businesses so we can help them effectively achieve their goals.”
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., 2010
- State University of New York at Albany, M.A., Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2007
- Binghamton University, B.A., Philosophy, Politics and Law, and History, cum laude, 2006
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- New York State Bar
- Represented a leading imaging software company in the acquisition of a document-sharing, publishing and lead-capture platform.
- Represented a multinational provider of airport logistics in the acquisition of a foreign-based asset tracking business.
- Served as counsel to a regional medical practice in establishing an ambulatory surgery center and in connection with a comprehensive corporate restructuring.
- Served as counsel to a specialty-foods distributor in the negotiation of a licensing and distribution deal with a long-established, regional specialty-foods manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity owned manufacturer in the sale of a business line to a distributor.
- Served as outside general counsel to a commercial unmanned aerial vehicle services provider.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Technology Section, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
Awards and Recognition
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2017