Nathan T. Johns
Nathan Johns is a partner in MendenFreiman’s business and general outside counsel practice area. He joined MendenFreiman in 2013 and previously practiced with Foltz Martin, LLC. Nathan is a strategic advocate providing outside general counsel services and regularly represents private entities on business and transaction structuring, mergers and acquisitions, capital investment and financing. He counsels clients on the development, negotiation and documentation of partnership, shareholder, joint-venture and limited liability company agreements, and also provides guidance on board, shareholder and other corporate governance issues.
Nathan represents companies and individuals in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions in retail, office and industrial sectors. His clients include owners, private lenders and investors involved in financing, acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate across the Southeast.
In addition to business and real estate law, Nathan assists clients with succession planning for owners of family businesses. He finds it rewarding to help his clients achieve their business, personal and family objectives.
“We are more than scriveners. We collaborate with clients to find unique solutions to their problems.”
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Georgia, M.Acc., 2000
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude, 1999
- Represented a private fund in $12 million acquisition financing for a portfolio of industrial warehouses.
- Represented majority member in a $3 million purchase of minority membership interest in connection with company restructuring.
- Represented ownership group in a $1.5 million headquarters acquisition and $3 million in equipment financing.
- Prepared and negotiated 150,000 square-foot office/warehouse lease in Atlanta, Georgia, for local manufacturing concern.
- Represented purchaser and owner occupant in acquisition of 15,000 square-foot office building in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Florida State Bar, member
- REAL Professionals Network, member
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2014-2015
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2012-2014, 2016-2017, 2019