Paige P. Baker
Paige Baker is a partner in MendenFreiman’s business, estate planning and trust and estate administration practice areas. A former tax accountant, she joined the firm in 2012. Paige specializes in the areas of business succession planning, business transactions and governance with a particular emphasis on franchises, estate and trust planning and estate administration. Prior to MendenFreiman, Paige practiced with Abrams, Davis, Mason & Long, LLC.
Paige enjoys helping her clients navigate through major, life-altering events. She understands that many of these events, whether they be the death of a family member or sale of a family business, can be a stressful time for clients.
“My goal is to provide compassion and expertise to my clients, so as to reduce their overall stress when dealing with major, life-altering events.”
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- University of South Florida, B.S., Accounting, cum laude, 1996
- Represented a franchise owner in a tax-free, like-kind exchange of multiple franchises in different states.
- Successfully challenged the IRS in an estate tax audit valuation issue, resulting in no additional estate taxes due.
- Formulated a gift plan that resulted in the transfer of a $3 million, tax-free gift to a client’s child through the use of zeroed-out grantor retained annuity trust and valuation discounts.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, member
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2010, 2014
- Super Lawyers – 2015-2017
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2011, 2013-2016
- Five Star Estate Planning Attorney – 2014,2016
- Five Star Wealth Manager – 2015