Roger A. Kirschenbaum
Roger Kirschenbaum is a partner in MendenFreiman’s estate planning, trust and estate administration and business practice areas. His primary areas of practice include estate planning, probate and estate administration, general corporate and business law, and related tax-planning matters. He primarily works with high-net-worth clients and owners of closely held businesses to devise plans that achieve both fundamental and complex estate-related goals.
Roger has significant experience in probate matters relating to wrongful death negligence cases. In addition, he previously served as a public arbitrator for the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. From 1985 to 1996, he represented professional athletes as a registered contract advisor with the National Basketball Players Association and the National Football League Players Association. Prior to joining MendenFreiman in 2017, Roger had his own private practice and was an of counsel attorney with Wagner, Johnston & Rosenthal, P.C. He currently serves on the Emory University Gift Planning Advisory Council.
“The most important thing I can do for my clients is to provide quality legal advice and make sure their personal values are reflected in the work done.”
- Emory University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1986
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Brown University, B.A., Political Science, 1978
- New York
- Represented and counseled a client who made a significant art collection donation to the High Museum of Art.
- Represented a former professional basketball player in contract negotiations in 1990 (Chicago Bulls), 1992 (Greece), 1993 (Italy), 1994 (Denver Nuggets).
- Represented a client in stock purchase of other shareholder’s interest in a manufacturing and retail furniture company.
- Represented a client in sale of assets of specialty insurance company.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- New York State Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section, past chair
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, member
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating – AV® PreeminentTM 4.9 out of 5
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite – 2018-2020
- Five Star Investment Professional – 2011-2019, 2021
- DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation Leading the Charge Award – 2020
- Marquis Who’s Who – 2020